Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Resolution update.

New Years Resolution update!!  Let's see how I am doing so far.  I know there is still many area's that need improvement and I'm not giving up on them until at least June. 

Blog more (than 2010): So far so good.  I have more blog post in both January and February of 2011 than I did in 2010 for each of the months.  Starting out strong!!!
Eat less (sugar): Yeah, about this...How about we just move on to the next one.
Clean more (during the week): Um... keep moving.
Watch TV less (decrease # of shows I follow): This one I think will start more once the summer comes and the weekly shows we watch go away.  BJ and I are also looking to change our cable provider to save us over $50 a month on our phone, Internet, and TV and we would get a DVR.  In my head I would then watch less TV because I would record the shows that I would really want to see and instead of starting a new show when nothing else was on I would watch one that was recorded at a time that I could not sit down and watch it.
Save more ($$): Yeah, Nope.  BUUUUUUT we recently just bought some new furniture for practically free.  I have recently decided that all our credit card points are going toward things that I want to save.  Therefore, once our bedroom set is complete I will put the money in saving for a vacation or our next house or who knows. 
Weigh less (than ???): Alright who's idea was this, I guess I'm not doing as well as I had thought towards my resolutions.
Work hard (at work): Doing great.  I love my job, I love making a difference in the kids lives but also helping the company grow.
Play harder (at home and on the weekend): Doing well with this too.  Just hang out with my son, he will show you how we play for a while he will show you what he has learned.  BJ and I have also been out and about around town doing fun things with family and friends as well. 
Read more (books): It is starting to  ramp back up.  I am making more time to reading and getting in to a book now and I think I will re-read the Harry Potter books next, before July when the movie is finally out.
Clean car (inside and out): Yeah no.

In summary:  I have made progress toward the goals that I have made for 2011, such as reading, working, playing, and blogging.  There continues to be areas in my life that I continue to need to place focus on for the next 10 months such as eating less, weighing less, cleaning more, and watching less TV.  If in about 2 months time we check in again this will keep me in check and hopefully have met most of my goals by 2012. 


No comments: