Sunday, March 06, 2011

Good Friends, Good Neighbors

BJ and I are very opposite in our lives. He is an extrovert and I am a very big introvert. Over the last several years BJ has helped me come out of my shell and I have helped him be better at being okay with being by himself. When we moved into our home I would have been perfectly happy staying in my home and quietly entertaining myself. However, BJ had different plans and met ALL of the neighbors. Over the past 4 years the acquaintances that we had made initially have become really great friends. When I was in high school my great friends were my team mates. In College it was my roommates and my classmates, more or less the people who I was around ALL the time. After my first year of marriage the only people I was really close with were my coworkers and my hubby, however, I was also minimally depressed because I didn't have the connection with girls as I did in high school or college. Now I have my driveway crew. Girls I can wave to, say hey to, hang with for hours drinking wine or sit in our garage and drink wine. I love my neighbors. Thanks guys for being awesome.


No comments: