Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is my house on fire?

I left work today to go deliver some marketing things for my job.  I have been a little low on my caseload and as the weather is getting nicer (sunnier, not warmer) I wanted to get out and enjoy it a bit.  I headed out and headed East, then turned around to head West.  After a couple of miles I look up in the direction of my house and see billowing black smoke.  I start to think, "well my house isn't really that far South, but it's probably close."  I keep on driving, head to a new location then get deeply lost in Oswego.  I finally figure out where I am and find a couple more doctors.  I then turn around and realize that the fire is still going and I'm real sure now it is close to my house.  I was only a couple minutes away so I decided to drive by house.  I mean I was worried especially with the house close to us burning down almost 2 years ago.  As I get closer to the house the smoke is getting larger, and darker.  I turn down the road that runs behind my house and I realize the smoke is close but not as close as my house.  I drive by and see that the house is still standing, the wet lands in the backyard however, were very black.  CONTROL BURN!  I think next time they need to warn the neighborhood before they try to burn down our house.  I'm just saying.

No comments: