Sunday, March 27, 2011

Five years in the making

I can't remember if I have explained to you the reason I still don't have my wedding album.  The short story is that that some of our pictures were lost when our photographers computer crashed.  I went through a slight depression and didn't want to deal with picking out pictures.  A year to a year and a half after the wedding I was ready to start looking at pictures for our wedding, however, our photographer was no where to be found.  And boo to us, we had already paid for our album with him.  When we couldn't find him for a year we were upset again.  Finally for our 4 year anniversary (last august) BJ started talking with a photographer with our church to see if she could help us create an album.  We met with her on Monday and found out it will still cost almost $700 dollars to create it.  After a couple deep breaths we moved on.  However, we still needed to pick out pictures for our album.  We spent Friday night looking at over 1500 pictures from our wedding.  I have no clue how many we narrowed it down, but soon we need to do a second cut because I have a feeling we have a lot of the same picture in different places.  I mean really, how many kissing pictures do we need.  2 sounds good 15 a little to many.

Hopefully by our 5th anniversary we will have $700 and we can pay for our album.  ***SIGH*** Why does it always come down to money.

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I don't know what kind of album you want but I'm positive if you have the digital files you can make it yourself for WAY cheaper than 700! I've had two friends that had pretty much the same tragedy with wedding photographers and not getting what they paid for. It's a shady business!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LittleKelly said...

Unfortunetly I want the album that has the pictures printed on the big thick pages. NOt the ones from Snapfish or shutterfly. Boo to me.