Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I now present you with...Houdini Dog

I have always said I wanted to give Rescue to the traveling Gypsies, however, I never actually expected her to unhook herself and go looking for them herself. 

We recently switched Rescues outdoor lead to a new flexable one.  The new one has a much larger clip and it is a bit longer.  Now with the warmer weather Rescue wants to be outside ALL the time.  So we let her.  She can't reach the sidewalk and she keeps the riff raff on the other side of the street.  The problem is though that the other day BJ looked out the back door and noticed Rescue was wandering around...not attached to the lead.  Hmmm.  Tonight, Resuce had been outside for almost 20 minutes.  BJ had just gotten home and as I was finishing up dinner I had just seen Rescue at the back door.  I had asked BJ to bring Rescue in.  As he turned to realized the dog was not at the back door the doorbell rang and I thought, "did I bring her in and I just forgot about it?"  As I answered the door it was our neighbor asking if that was our dog hanging out in the front yard, not attached to anything.  Okaaaaay????  Apparently she had found our dog sitting in front of the neighbors house trying to see if their dog wanted to come out and play. 

Oh Rescue, what are we going to do with you? 

No comments: