Sunday, October 18, 2009

No Sick Days for Mommies

I woke up today at my typical 2:45 to feed baby and thought, "hmm, my throat is a bit scratchy." But this is nothing new to me, I mean common, the weather is changing, the kids at work are typically sick from October to April with some type of cold or whatever and BJ just got over a cold. I was actually surprised my cold took this long to show up. So I fed Elijah and went back to bed, however, in the 45 minutes I was up I started to get massive sinus pressure. Fabulous, this will be a fun cold. By the time I woke up in the morning I felt just about the same but lots of sinus pressure. I think, "I'm still good, I can breathe out of my nose and I really don't feel run down. Then BAM out of no where my back starts to hurt. One thing I have learned over the last couple of years is, if my muscles ache like I just had a super long workout but my butt never left the couch, I am sick. As the day went on, I got achier and achier. By the time we got home around 4, I took my temp. BINGO 100.4, can't go to work tomorrow. Kids have to be fever free 24 hours, so do clinicians. So I call up the doc. to ask what I should do about Elijah since I don't want him sick. Doc tells me sorta the opposite of what I was expecting, we get to spend the next couple of hours together until I'm all better. Reason being, since I strictly give Elijah breast milk it becomes his own little anti-cold/flu medicine. And It has to be given directly from the source to have the most anti-bodies. Great. I get to stay home from work tomorrow, but baby, who is perfectly healthy, gets to stay with me just so he doesn't get sick. I hope I can get through the day okay. If not Daddy is just a phone call away to come help.

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

hope u feel better soon!