Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Fish and the Baby that tried to Kill me

Last night BJ thought he would be the wonderful husband that I know he is. So he made some fish that was marinated in spices. Now #1 not a fan of fish or really anything that swims but I'll eat it if that's what is for dinner. And #2 I hate, and I mean HATE anything spicy. So as I'm getting ready to eat BJ takes a bite and says, hmm it seems a bit more spicy than last time. I think, "yeah it's probably just a bit spicy, I ate it last time, I can eat it this time." I took one bite and thought my mouth was actually on fire. I was holding Elijah and i was trying to spit out the food, and give Elijah to BJ without dropping my plate and screaming all at the same time. I then proceeded to down two glasses of milk. How do people eat stuff like that?? It wasn't even a taste it was a feeling. How do you enjoy the feeling of pain while eating what is supposed to be delicious food? I don't know. It all just stunk.

Then last night, Elijah took an hour to go to sleep. (Not typical, usually 20-30 min. max). Then proceeded to wake up 3 times and the last time (3:00 am) he decided he didn't want to go back to bed. After an hour of me struggling with him I went and woke up BJ and told him it was his turn and I needed some sleep. BJ then spent the next hour trying to get him to go back to sleep. I got back up at 5 and fed him when he fell back asleep. By this time BJ was annoyed and sleepy so we both slept in past our alarms and went in to work 45 minutes later. Then this morning Elijah looked at us and smiled and we forgave him, but only because he is sooo cute. I tried to get a picture of him but he has now decided that when he sees a camera he will stop smiling. What a bum.

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

What a coincidence! That sounds just like our night but only Ryan was late for work since I'm still on maternity leave. Elijah is getting so big! He is so cute!