Saturday, October 03, 2009

Cold Part 2

Tomorrow we are going with my co-workers family and a bunch of their friends to the Bears vs. Lions game in Chicago. Her family has session tickets and has offered to take us for several years now, which is the only way we would ever be able to go. However, as much fun we have, I didn't really expect to go this year for several reasons. First, we typically go to the Bears vs. Vikings game and this year it is the Monday after Christmas and we will be coming home from Michigan that day, and Secondly, we have the baby now. So when they asked us to go this year, I knew BJ would be devastated if I turned them down so we just had to figure out things with the baby. Now for anyone who knows me, I'm not a big sports person. All the interest in sports was really given to all of my other siblings, I go for food and the time out entertainment. So I figured Elijah and I could go down with them and when they all go into the game Elijah and I will stay on the bus and (hopefully) nap. Great.

Well all week I have been watching the weather and for tomorrow it is supposed to be a high of 58 and a low of 45. We will probably be outside most of the day and that means so will Elijah. I have a difficult time regulating my body temperature and I know babies do too, so I have to figure out how to keep baby Elijah warm tomorrow. This process has actually been the only thing consuming my mind outside of work stuff for the past couple of days. So this afternoon we did a practice run with the layers to make sure they all fit together nicely. Now keep in mind that my son has a habit of blowing out dippers at the most inconvenient time, so everything that he is putting on, I have to pack a second one (and in some instances a third and fourth one) in anticipation of a blown out dipper and not wanting him to run around naked in the chilly fall weather on the shore of Lake Michigan. (Sorry all the pictures are sideways. I'm sleepy and don't want to fix them. Turn your head and they look great.)

Here's what we started with. Dipper. Very important layer.

Next came the long sleeve onesie (with a football helmet on it), long pants (these ones are the backups cuz the ones he will be wearing were in the wash), and socks (with polar bears on them).

Then a jumper with open legs and arms (Space monkey).

And the last layer of clothing. Flannel footie pajamas (with polar bears all over), and his Vikings skull cap to keep his ears and head warm. We are also bringing his hoody too just in case we need another layer or something. See, see, see what kind of mother I have already turned myself into. I might as well pack all of his clothing just in case. and his poor boy then has to smash himself in the the Bjorn for most of the day. HA, I might regret this quickly tomorrow. Well I'm off to put thought into what I should wear tomorrow.

No comments: