Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bed wetting

For one member of the house hold it is appropriate and expected for the bed to be wet every once in awhile, for the other members it is not acceptable. Let me tell you about the wet bed that I encountered last night.

At 2:45 am Elijah woke up and wanted to be fed. That's fine, that's normal. So I got out of my nice warm, 2 comforter, heated mattress pad bed to feed him. As I was feeding him he decided to poop. Not just poop though explosive diaper poop all up the back and all. It was great so I changed him, and fed him the second half of his midnight meal. As I was feeding him I heard Rescue in the bed room readjust herself. Again, normal, Rescue typically likes to sleep touching us and when one of us gets up she will typically take over there spot. Elijah finishes and I put him back to bed. All good. I walk into the bedroom and practically find Rescue on my pillow. Not the first time, I laugh, wake up BJ and tell him to look at the dog. He snicker and tells Rescue to move, then rolls over and goes back to sleep. Rescue looks at me and puts her head back down. Mean while, I climb back into bed and dig my feet under the dog to make her move she literally flies off the bed and heads to her doggy bed on the floor. I try to convince her to get back in the bed which she does and tries to sleep on my lap, at that point things go from normal to way not normal. I then stretch out my legs and my feet hit a damp spot. I pull my feet back and think, "did I really keep the bed on that high that my feet sweat that much?" I then put my feet back to feel it again, not just damp, soaking. Then I get the smell. PEE. BJ gets a punch to the kidneys and "Rescue flipping peed in the bed!" His response, "are you sure?" What do you mean am I sure, real sure that wet spot at the end of the bed is pee. We then have to get up, change the sheets, and the covers but here is the problem. As you just read, I just changed the sheets Wednesday, so the second set of sheets we have for our bed are dirty and we only have two comforters and they were both on the bed. Really?? Really?? at that point Elijah wakes back up. GRRR. Put the baby back to bed, put Rescue in her crate, BAD DOG, get a blanket and quilt out of the closet.

The only good thing, due to the # of layers on the bed the heated mattress pad did not get wet and that's the only way we stayed warm the rest of the night.

No comments: