Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Creapy crawly

So I was going to post about a really stupid program called "my baby can read." But God decided to give me something else to post about. All I have to say about this program is that if any one of you how have children buy this program to teach your child to read before the age of 3. I will come over to your house steal the program and scold you for it. GRRR stupid.

Anyway. So in two days there have been two giant spiders in our house. They were both found in the same spot in the house and it really has me thinking where these things are living when we don't see them. And what in Gods name are they eating to get so darn big. Since living in this house we have had a total of 5 of these giant spiders. Let me tell you about all of them.

So the first one was in the laundry room probably about a year ago. I was moving the wet clothes from the washer to the drier when a giant spider ran out from under the drier and hid under a tub. I promptly ran out of the laundry room and made BJ go kill it. He laughing at me was like "it's probably only a little thing." Not even 30 seconds after he went in to the laundry room I heard "ahhh, Oh dear God" then WHAP "he's dead, that was disgusting." Yeah see when I say monster spider I mean it.

The second on BJ found it tried to hide behind the refrigerator. BJ calmed this second one was bigger than the first and actually moved the refrigerator to kill it. But, being so big he didn't want to squish is so he sucked it up with the vacuum. This actually didn't kill it so he took the vacuum canister outside where he squashed it.

The third was when I was pregnant and wasn't sleeping. I would come downstairs after an hour of tossing and turning. But typically I would not turn on any lights hoping that I would be able to fall asleep eventually. This night I decided to turn on a light when I went into the kitchen for some odd reason saw a giant spider staring back at me right where I would have walked. Well seeing as it was about 4 am I didn't want to wake up BJ I decided to try to capture it. I have caught a couple of spiders in shot glasses (and now a days that the only use for our shot glasses) but this one's body was as big as the glass opening. I though about a regular glass, but, its legs were so long that I would probably touch one of them and it would take off running. Totally not what I wanted to happen. So I finally found a giant Tupperware and threw it from as far as possible to keep him there. When BJ woke up he was surprised I was brave enough to get that close to it.

The forth one was yesterday. Rescue was playing bug hunter and had stalked a smaller spider to the patio door and had got it a couple of times but kept spitting it out. So I helped her and kept moving the rug hat the spider was crawling under so she could eat it. She finished her spider and I was praising her for it when I saw the giant one. I started screaming because BJ just went into the garage. He actually heard me on the complete other side of the house. He came in and killed it.

The fifth one was tonight same spot as last night. But, of course I found it after BJ took Elijah up to bed so I had to stay in the kitchen watching it in case it decided to try and hide from us.

I hate spiders! They are worse than rodents because they have lots more legs. Eww.

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

yuck! I think it's time to call pest control!

Anonymous said...

I agree, yuck! Call pest control. we are enjoying reading your blogs. I see that you are calling Elijah "Eli" some of the time. Is that going to be his nickname? Some of your ancestors had the nickname of "Lige" for Elijah.
Love, Granddad

Chris and Keri said...

Mice are so much worse!!! Spiders are yucky but at least you can squish them!