Friday, January 31, 2014

Kids are Funny

I love kids and I think that is ultimately why I love my job.  One of the biggest reasons I love kids is because it is the best way to explore how we learn about the world.  Now that I am old I take a lot of my knowledge for granted.  Like learning jokes, I don't remember actually "learning" jokes, yet some how I know them.  Elijah today as we were driving pipes up from the back, "Mom, did you know chickens can cross the road?" Real sure that was supposed to behow a why does the chicken cross the road but that was the best he could do because he already knew his answer was to be run over by a car.  

I also enjoy listening to children trying to figure out pregnancy.  Like when I was pregnate, there were many questions about the baby and how it would get out..."Will it hurt? Will there be blood? Does it come out your belly button? How did it get in there?" But the best one came today while we were looking at a picture of a mother in a hospital bed next to a baby and the new dad.  My little friend told me, "the dad is happy because the mom just burped the baby out of her stomach." I was laughing so hard I kept the white board and the picture and shared it with all my co-workers.  If only it was as simple as a burp.  I would have 3 or 4 now for sure. 

No comments: