Sunday, January 12, 2014

Nap time

I will confess, my child might just be 15 and still be required to nap on the weekend because I need to nap. I don't necessarily need a nap both days on the weekend but Sunday is a definite requirement.  Since we have been in this house I have curled up on the couch every Sunday unless there has been conflicts, like holidays or family gatherings, and have taken a nap. In fact, our Sunday is like clock work. Wake up at 7, got to church, so shopping either costco or Meijer, eat lunch, nap, laundry, dinner, bed.  It's the best thing ever.  I know that Elijah doesn't need naps everyday, but he does still needs mid day sleep at least 3 days a week or else will become a basket full of whiny pouty mess.  And if I miss my nap...I am crabby, I just don't function right.  I have even let Elijah nap downstairs with us on occasion to encourage the activity.  Okay maybe I will just push the nap thing until after the non-conceived next child is 2. So that is already looking at 3 years from now...it's cool for a third grader to nap...right? Poor kid with a loser mom!

And in case you are wondering my lip is still swollen and gross and painful.  

No comments: