Saturday, January 11, 2014

When a doc talks...

LISTEN! 

I went in for some dental work today.  I don't do well with the drilling part of dental work so I requested that they didn't skimp on the novican, and she didn't.  She even gave me a booster 2 hrs in.  I was a crabby girl when I woke up this morning, mostly due to the fact that the main event dental procedure wasn't even my fault.  When I was 16 I had a cavity filled and since then it was decaying underneath so the dentist needed to take out the old filling, get out all the new decay, and put on a crown.  As she was fitting me for the crown they realized they needed to grind down a bit more tooth but the first bit of novican was wearing off so I got a bit more.  After it was all said and done the dentist and the tech both reminded me I needed to be very careful because I was still numb.  Actually I should even wait to eat or drink until I could feel things.  We'll an hour after getting home I was hungry and thought I had feeling enough to eat.  I made toast and away I went. Three quarters of the way done I realize the bread has blood on it...that's odd...oh wait... I run to the mirror and sure enough I had taken a bit out of my lip. I was done eating then. Now I have a swollen lip a sore jaw and achy teeth.  Awesome! Next time I will wait to eat. 

No comments: