Monday, January 13, 2014

Timber!!!

Timber by Pitbull featuring Ke$ha
It's going down, I'm yelling timber
You better move, you better dance
Let's make a night you won't remember
I'll be the one you won't forget

Wooooah (timber), wooooah (timber), wooooah (it's going down)
Wooooah (timber), wooooah (timber), wooooah (it's going down)

Every time I hear this song I think about my cousin Katie.  And for the next 15 min I giggle thinking about our time together when we were kids.  We had and I'm sure we still do have a a wonderful special relationship. We would only see each other 3 days a year after Christmas but we were two of the three oldest of all our cousins so we hung out a lot before the others were around and after the others came around we were too old to play all the kiddy games.  However, before those others came around we had to entertain ourselves and we did so by making up games.  One of our most favorite games was called Timber!  It was a simple game we would stand at the end of two mattresses on the floor (also known as Katie's parents bed) and we would fall stiff as a board back on the bed.  We would do this for hours and hours on end.  As we got older we modified it to us holding pretend weddings to our crushes and after we were pronounced man and wife we would fall back on to the bed and laugh for hours. We would do this so much I think we were the reason for this: 
 Therefore as long as this Timber song is popular I will laugh and remember parts of my childhood at least until the song starts to go crazy and dirty.  Then I just sing the first part over and over and over.  

TIMBER!

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

Ahhh memories! I love that song and will probably laugh every time we dance to it in zumba now!