Sunday, February 02, 2014

A boy and a party.

Alright so I'm blogging more, but still not taking pictures on our lives.  Let's do baby steps here okay? 

The little girl across the drive had her birthday party today.  And since her parents love her more than we love Elijah, she actually gets to invite friends to her party (but that's a story for another day).  The party was held at an indoor golf/bounce house place.  The first hour we were there the kids we're running between three bounce houses that there was no chance of taking pictures, then of course the golf was all in black light so any pictures I wanted to take just turned out black. Talk about boring.

So due to us knowing that this party was coming up and it is for one of Elijah's closest friends, I didn't tell him of the party until last night.  We went out to get a gift for her and I told Elijah that it was her birthday.  It took us a while to understand we were not getting anything for ourselves, but once he got that down he was super excited to pick out a gift.  When he woke up today he came into our room and was making the plan to get to the party at 7:30 am.  I had to explain to him that the party wasn't until the afternoon.  About an hour later as we were all still in our jammies, he was concerned we were going to miss it and needed to go.  30 minutes later while drinking my coffee I realize Eli was extra quiet to find m putting on his boots and coat.  Good grief child, we won't let you miss the party.  We were able to get him to help wrap the gift and convince him to cut his hair and shower all with the phrase, "don't you want to look and smell good for the party?"  While showering he request to were his tie to the party and I agree.  After the shower I send him down to find his tie, again he disappears for a bit and I call down to him.  He again has his boots, and coat on.  I tell him again we still have an hour to go.  We are just about to leave and I get a text from the girls mom needing a ride because he car, with the beautiful cupcakes just got rear ended.  So we told Eli we need to wait a bit and he was trying to convince us to leave her behind.  

The party was fun but bitter sweet knowing that her next birthday will be with an entire kindergarten class.  I'm so not ready for this whole school thing.  

Happy birthday Colette.

No comments: