Thursday, February 06, 2014

A Fly Went By


Not going to lie this book is probably one of my favorites for children's books.  Every time I read it though I can't help but think how times have changed.  There are multiple pages about how the fox will kill the little cow, the hunter with his gun, blah, blah, blah.  Not that anything is wrong with, mean that's what I grew up reading, I'm fine.  But I feel that with the way the world is now we shelter our children from evil then turning around to expose them to video game violence.  It's just weird.  But now this book is earning a new space in my heart, for my little boy is now reading a large percentage of the words. It's amazing hearing those words come out of him. Again...He's getting so old!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this is the first book I read. I remember reading it proudly to my dad's parents.