Tuesday, February 11, 2014

False spring

When I wake in the morning I always peak out the window across the room hoping for a sneak peak of the weather. Today when I got up I saw a bit of the sunrise and was excited that it was a sign of spring! Wahooo! I should also mention that last night I did not sleep well and did not feel well most of the day.  In fact, as I'm writing this I am laying in bed and will be asleep within the hour.  I slowly started getting ready taking several breathers along the way praying I would be able to make it into work.  After my shower, is shuffled out of the bathroom wanting to lay back down before dealing with my hair, makeup, and clothes, I casually glance at the clock and notice it says 7:00.  Here is the internal dialogue that followed.  

Hmmm that's odd, I think I typically leave the house for work at 7:00.  I think I leave for work that 7:00, ugh I really don't feel well.  What time did I tell my mom to be here today that's when I typically leave.  I think it was between 7:00-7:30.  How did I take an hour and a half shower and not run out of water.  Wait, what time is it.  Yup 7:05.  How the heck am I going to get this done?

End internal dialogue, begin external dialogue.  BJ, GET UP IT'S 7:00 I MUST HAVE TURNED OFF MY ALARM. GET UP GET UP!  

I then proceded to run around unorganized opening doors, getting Elijah, looking for my clothes.  It wasn't until I was in my schools parking lot that I realized the sun I saw at what I thought was 5:30 was really the 6:30 sun.  Well that sucks! Guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer until spring.  

No comments: