Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Who? Who?

Elijah learned a new joke this weekend, compliments of my mom, here it goes the best it can for a one sided joke experience.

Knock knock
Whose there?
Cow says?
Cow says Who?
Cows don't say who they say moo!!!

But what does say who you ask? Why they owl that lives in our hood.  He has been coming out more, not sure if he is hungry because there is so much snow or if he is just keeping a friendly eye on the neighborhood.  If he is hungry I would gladly invite him into our dead body room (aka the wasted space under our stairs that is the closest thing we have as a crawl space/basement) where all the mice seem to be visiting during these cold months.  

Tonight however, I thing his wooing??? If that's what you call what an owl does, woke up the dog.  We went to see if we could spy our night time friend and sure enough there he/she was sitting on the top of the house across the street from us.  I think he needs a name this is the third time this winter I have heard him, and the third time I have seen him since we moved it. (Assuming the owl I saw leaving work in November was the same one). Any suggestions on a good owl name and although he is white I will not accept Hedgwig.  That bird died a horrible death and I want to keep this one around a while.  Just saying.  

No comments: