Monday, February 03, 2014

Kindergarten

It can't be.  My baby is old.  Next Monday is Kindergarten registration for our home school so that's where I will be.  However, I am new to this whole school thing.  You have to jump through some crazy hoops or be super organized, neither of these things I am great at.  I need my son's most recent physical (daycare can't find it), a dental report (appointment is for Thursday after registration), and a vision exam (yeah I got nothing). I had no clue the state of no money, I mean the state of Illinois requires kids to have eye exams before entering kindergarten. Well that is not going to get done before next Monday.  I also have to bring his original birth certificate, our mortgage statement, a water bill, and a gas bill. You have to fill out about 20 forms and sign things that make me laugh for a kindergarten student, like the internet policy.  I mean my kid can bairly spell, if he gets onto a site he isn't supposed tto, call google and get him a job.  The security in the schools are crazy, I can't even get to some teacher sites because they are blocked, I think my son will be okay.  Oh and get this we have the option of either half day kindergarten or full day.  Being a kid who spends 50 hours a week in daycare, I think he can handle full day school. Plus I'm a working mother, I can't pick him up half way through the day.  Nope. Full day it is. Here's the kicker though, cost of registering a half day kid $35 bucks, full day $250... WHAT!!!! That math doesn't seem right but whatever. 

Here goes nothing...I'll let you know if I cry at registration.  

No comments: