Monday, September 26, 2005

Taco, Taco, Taco


Ah yes, what else can motivate a graduate student more than food? Answer, NOTHING. Today we decided to have a taco bar! And yum, yum was that food good. Tania made a chocolate pound cake with raspberry glaze; Jen made something with brownies, frosting, peanut butter, chocolate, and rice krispies; and I just cooked 3 pounds of turkey. While cooking the taco meat I had some trouble (sorry Tania) it kind of flung all over because two pounds were still frozen. OOPS! But I cleaned it up, its all good. So after we got back to school we stuffed our faces then sat through a class that absolutely had no relevance to Tania or I. To keep ourselves busy Tania and I played the dot game, you know the one where you draw lines to make boxes and the one with the most boxes wins. Yeah well Tania kicked my butt and I had to do everything to keep from laughing to hard and draw attention that I wasn't paying attention.

I do have to say that I wish I could have taken a picture of Tania's cake. It was in the shape of a sand castle set on brown sugar for sand. It was really cute, and Katie it would be a perfect cake pan for you seeing as your engagement involved a sand castle.

No comments: