Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Being adorable comes at a cost

Today I thought, "Hmm, I have this really cute skirt but I can never wear it because I have children as clients and can't crawl on the floor in them. So today with an adult, I will wear a skirt." However, in my conversation to myself I didn't discuss how my choice of shoes would affect my day. Well I looked really cute, but half way into the walk to school I knew I had made a bad decision. My feet hurt and I had only been in the shoes for 5 min. Great! Then, in the 2.5 blocks from my front door to the clinic there happens to be massive road construction, and the detour for pedestrians requires you to walk through the grass. Well the grass was just a bit damp for some odd reason, and pointy heals sink, so there I am sinking into the grass trying to get to school. Finally, I make it to school! The clinic was about 115 degrees and I sat for the next 5 hours sweating. Well we all know that when you sweat your body swells, so my feet are getting bigger and bigger. Now its noon and I have to run around the clinic with shoes that hurt my feet normally and with being warm the shoes are now to small. So I have a two hour client and by now I just want to cry because me feet hurt soooo bad. So by the time I finally find my way home I am just dieing from pain and have decided that those cute shoes with that cute skirt will stay in the closet until there is an event that will be cold and where there are a lot of seats for me to sit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to be a woman! That happend to me one day at school and I just took them off and walked around campus barefoot!--I do'nt handle pain well :)