Tuesday, February 01, 2011

It's my fault

They have been talking about this snow storm for days.  When it comes to weather I always take it with a grain of salt.  I mean what other career in the world can you make tons of money and be wrong 50% of the time.  I was the one who took my child to the zoo on his 1st birthday with threat of tornadoes, hail, and other crazy weather in the summer.  So when they started talking about this snow that would end the world I figured we would probably get 5 more inches on top of what we already had.  Monday morning people started to call into my work and cancel for Wednesday.  I mean really.  There was still a chance that it would be fine by the time therapy would start on Wednesday.  Well today it was normal winter weather most of the morning.  I even went out to lunch, it was a bit windy, but not bad.  I sat next to the window and watched for the snow.  Nothing much just a bunch of wind.  I then went into the office and we started poking around on the web for live Doppler radar.  30 minutes later we were fighting over what all the colors meant on the screen and we got a call from our boss needing help to bring things in from her car.  As we walked out to the front door we realized that what we were fighting about on the computer was in our parking lot.  Guess we really are going to be getting a lot of snow.  I am just concerned about or power.  Our house will get cold fast if we don't have power to run our furnace. 

Therefore, if we die it's my fault that I didn't buy a generator and enough food to sustain our entire family for the next year.  Wish us luck!  See you on the other side of the BLIZZARD of 2011!

No comments: