Saturday, February 12, 2011

Always expect the unexpected

After a fun family day to our 3rd annual Valentine's Day weekend Chicago Auto show (blog to follow) we come home and have a bit of chaos.  I am not one that likes to live on the edge.  My son takes after me and loves predictability and masters routines and schedules quickly.  As I'm about to begin our evening routine to get him to bed I look up and notice a spot on the ceiling.  That wasn't there before, at least I don't think it was.  I frantically call BJ in to take a peak and realize there are two other spots smaller and not as dark on either side of the one I had found.  Then I see the bubble, no bigger than a grape on the opposite wall but in the same line as the first three spots, of sagging paint/drywall.  NOT GOOD.  It is never good to see the ceiling (that leads to your attic) wet.  Especially when you were present at the time of building and know with 100% certainty that there are no pipes in the ceiling.  We then climb up to the attic and find several cups of snow mixed in with our installation.  HMMM, wonder how long that has been there.  After removing as much snow as possible and poking a hole in the ceiling we called our association, which again, am really happy I pay them large amounts of money every month to deal with things that our not our problem.  Now someone will come out take a look at our attic and our ceiling and fix  the 4 areas (meaning cut out the drywall and patch it) but not paint.  We just had all of our ceiling's painted 2 years ago and now we get to have that one done again.  BOOOOOO!!!

No comments: