Tuesday, February 22, 2011

IT'S BAAACK

Do you remember the dead animal at work?  (If not read this)  All winter I have been watching the lake, actually the spot where I knew the animal was laying, frozen, below the surface.  I don't know if it was out of utter curiosity but I kept looking to see if it would surface.  After the first of December it stayed really cold and the pond/lake thing never thawed out.  There was one day sometime in January that I thought we would get close to seeing it again but I never did.  Then there was the blizzard and I knew I wouldn't see it for a while.  Last week, temperatures reached the low 60's (which is VERY warm for the mid west) and all the blizzard snow started to melt.  It did such a good job melting the first 2-3 feet of shore line melted too.  I am now super curious and drawn to the window at every open moment and it finally resurfaced.  THE DEAD THING.  However, now it doesn't look like it did in early December, now it looks more like an opossum, which we also have determined are the most ugly animals on earth alive, just imagine what it looks like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to trek out and take a picture of it!!!

LittleKelly said...

I'll work on it. Need to wait for the frozen stuff to go away again.