Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Fantacy Football Draft (Finally)

REWIND to Sunday night!
And Play...Okay wait, Rewind a bit further that way you get the history that leads to Sunday night. Okay Play for real now.

BJ and I are sitting around one night on the couch, surprise surprise. We start talking about our Fantasy football league that we have done the last couple of years. This year there were a bunch of the old group that is not around here as much, so we were thinking about doing a league with just our family. We start counting it out on our finger and realized we could have the perfect number of family members for a league. Between my family and BJ's family it would be awsome.

Fast forward (dude if I could figure out how to do those little arrow things that would be awesome). Play, again.

Sunday night the majority of us meet up at BJ's parents. Now FF has been around for several years now and I was surprised to learn that out of the 10 teams, 11 people, we were there were only three of us that had ever done this before. So we had to walk people through on how this was all going to go, some people enjoy making things more technical than they need to be and that is why I feel the need to help explain. I figure if I can explain it, you should be able to follow. We had the 8 teams at Bill and Mary's, my brother was on Facebook messenger with me and BJ was on Facebook messenger with his brother. We drew # in alphabetical order, Brett ended up with number one. The rest of us get our numbers and we all sit down to fill our teams. After each pick BJ and I both have to send the info to our brothers so they can keep track of everything. After three hours, we all had a full team, my step-mom was mad at my dad for taking the player from her old school, my sister had drafted a guy that graduated with our brother and she went to college with, I did not have Adrian Peterson, but I did get my staple FF player, nobody had yelled at anyone, and we were ready to go with some quick smack talk to each other. This league will be interesting, Good luck to the family and whoever is the winner gets to smack talk the rest of the year.

No comments: