Sunday, September 26, 2010

The petting zoo: By Elijah

Yesterday we went to pick out pumpkins and visit the petting zoo.  Daddy told me that Great-Grandma Okel used to work at this petting zoo.  I asked a bunch of the animals if they remembered her but most of them didn't want to talk.  They were just really hungry, they just wanted to eat.  I really didn't like the big donkey and goats, even though they looked like big Rescues I got real scared when they came over to me and held on to Mommy real tight.  I thought they were going to eat me.  Then we saw some baby chicks.  I didn't want to pet them.  They looked real funny.  Mommy kept telling me they were like the ones in my farm book but those chicks to move, or flap.  The we went to visit the baby goats.  Those I got close to, but I still didn't want to touch them.  They were the size of Rescue but definitely not doggies.  I wasn't real sure what to think about them.  I decided to stay by Daddy just in case they weren't very nice.
 Mommy kept trying to take my picture but I was not going to stop looking at those goat things.  Are you kidding me?? What if they charge?  I can't run that fast but I can certainly climb.  I just need enough warning.
 Then we went over to see some bunnies.  Look Daddy bunnies.  Mommy says they say "Hop, Hop, Hop."  Why are thy just laying there?  Make him go!
 WOW those ducks are huge!!  That one over there is as big as Rescue!
 Here duckie!  Quack, Quack.  Come here duckie!
 Oops!  I mean geese.  Those are geese.  Farm geese says grandma.  What does a goose say?? Either way they are big too.
  Mommy these ducks are real cool, but I don't feel very well.  This is my best smile right now. 
 Ohh look, little cows.  Not baby cows just little ones.  The one in front didn't like Daddy to much.  He ran at him when Daddy peeked in his gate.  Daddy ran away it was silly.
 Cow, come here cow.  You look funny.
 Grandma, I don't know about this corn maze thing.  I can't see the animals anymore.  Where is Mommy?  Can we be done soon?  I still don't feel well.
 Mommy I found you.  Look the three little pigs.  They are hanging out by the house of straw.  The one pig in the middle kept sitting on the other pigs.  He was kinda a pest.  But they like to oink.  It was silly.
 Grandma, I don't feel well, can you carry me please?
 Baby cows and mommy cows.  They are snuggling, just like I want to do.  I want to take a nap, I don't feel well. 
 Let's pick our pumpkins quickly and go home.  Look her is a pumpkin.  It looks good.
 Look at how big the stems are on these things.  Again this is the best smile you are going to get.  How many times do I have to tell you, I don't feel well.  I think my medicine is starting to wear off.  Do you like my skeleton pumpkin shirt?

 Okay I can get one smile out.  Look at all these pumpkins.  They are huge!
 Whoa Daddy don't drop me... or the pumpkin.  That is Mommies pumpkin, she likes how round it is.
 Snack time.  Apple cider donuts are yummy.  Let's see how much I can put in my mouth at once.
 My mouff if fu, bu my hands are empty.  More please.
Yum, need to lick my fingers clean.   
 Okay guys, I really don't feel well.  I don't want to be here anymore.  I want to go home, I want more medicine, I want to take a nap, I don't want to smile anymore.  Please take me home.
As always love Elijah

No comments: