Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Not to BJ and I but to us our house and our fantastic neighbors. Okay this comes a day late but it is all the same right??? Three years ago on 9-11 both our little families signed on our house. It didn't mean that we gained new neighbors, but we gained super awesome friends. Let me see, the first time we met Jon and Katie was because of one of my stupid moments. I went out and bought a take and bake pizza and cooked it in our oven before I realized, we have nothing in our house. We weren't moving in for another couple of weeks, we were just there for fun. So we quickly had to find a neighbor that was around and had something of us to get our food out of the oven, i.e. pot holders. Jon and Katie to the rescue... they had a pot holder of something to grab our hot food out of the oven as well as some paper towels. The second time we met our neighbors was due to another stupid me moment. I was painting the laundry room before we had our washer and dryer and I wasn't paying attention, go figure, and i dumped a whole lot of paint on the floor and down the back of the door. Well we needed something to get it up quick so BJ ran over to our neighbors and got some paint rags from them. Again to the rescue they came. Over the next year we became really close friends and after Elijah was born BJ and I decided to adopt them and have them be Elijah's Godparents. Now we are at a point in our relationship that when BJ and I both accidentally fall asleep at their house, they just leave us. Which makes for a very acquired waking up in someone elses house and them no where in sight.

But it doesn't matter. Thanks great friends, thanks great home her es to several more years equally as wonderful.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't believe I'm just reading this now!! How sweet - it brought tears to my eyes! Cheers to all of us and our great friendship!! Love you all!!