Sunday, September 12, 2010

Baby for Rent

Ever since Elijah was born all the grandparents have been wanting him over night. The first 6 months I kept saying no because I was the child's sole food source. the next 6 months Elijah was getting to be such an awesome baby that the highlight of my day was when we went into his room and he gave us the biggest smile ever. Then right before his first birthday we really needed a sitter. We asked my dad to watch E while we did a late night, early morning at church. I survived, missed the little guy a while lot, but i survived. Then in July we had a wedding and wanted a sitter for Elijah and decided it would work out best if BJ's parents took Elijah. Again I survived and I was getting better at this whole thing. In August BJ and I were off to the Black Eyed Peas concert (which was awesome if you happened to miss that blog) and since my mom donated the majority of the funds for that evening she won the baby too. Then came September. Grown up night out to celebrate our anniversary of buying our house (see below) and it was BJ's mom's birthday. So what better gift than to let her hang out with her grandchild. We have even already plan that in October my mom will get Elijah back so BJ and I can celebrate another anniversary (really we make up reasons to go out to a nice dinner and fork over our child to someone else). Therefore, process of eliminating in November sometime, my Dad will get Elijah back for another evening.

This made us realize that if BJ and I work it right, once a month we will rotate through our parents and have Elijah spend the night. If BJ and I are clever enough we can make up some reason to go out to eat and hopefully sleep in the following day. December will be off limits to all families and the sign up sheet for the months of January, February, and March will be posted in mid-December and we will see if BJ and I can think of a reason to "give up" our child for those days.

No comments: