Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Hubbies Turn!!!

So for all of you dedicated readers of littlekellyslife.blogspot.com, this is a new treat for you! This post is coming straight from the hubby. My post today should hopefully make you laugh. Or at least it will if you"truly" know Kelly and I!!!



For anyone who has to operate machinery for work, mainly machines that one must drive, you may sympathize with me. Recently I started my new job and as a green horn I am currently doing labor work. This also entitles me to operating a forklift. If you are not familiar with forklifts, than please listen carefully. There are two gears on a forklift, forward and reverse, as well as neutral. The lever in which you use to switch between gears is on the side of the steering wheel. You move it forward to go forward and backward to, you guessed it, go backward. So now to the funny part of the story! The other day believe it was Saturday, Kelly and I were going somewhere and I was driving. I backed out of the garage and into the driveway. While switching the gear shift into drive, with the actual gear shift of the car, I also managed to turn on the right hand turn signal. As stated before, the gear shift for the fork lift is on the column near the steering wheel. Yep! Same exact place as the turn signal lever on a car!!! So while driving my car I managed to think that I was actually in the fork lift! It would have been fine if that was the only time I had done it, BUT I did it again while leaving work today to come home! Maybe I should just drive a forklift all the time!





Okay now for the second story and to give you a taste of what I got myself into by marrying Kelly!!! When she gets bored, she thinks of interesting questions! Things that no one in their right mind would probably ever think of! So... Last night we were watching TV, I think the news was on, and out of nowhere she asks me one of her questions! I am going to try and word it exact so here goes.


"With there being less use of the US Postal service, cause less people are mailing/shipping things, Do you think that the number of mailman babies has decreased? You know what I mean? I mean there are less mailmen walking around and more mailboxes like ours (mailbox with all of our neighbors as well in a center location). Also there are more female mail people, Do they ever have mail babies?"

I might have missed some of the question but I think I got the most of it! REALLY, someone please tell me how I am supposed to answer that! I will try to steal the blog away from her if she is to ask me any other off the wall questions. Than again maybe I will just make it my blog now since I get at least one of these questions a day!!!


Hope you all enjoyed and I hope that I gave you a good laugh or two!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you are only related to me by marriage and Kelly takes after her dad... :-)
Love you both - especially when you make me smile.

LittleKelly said...

I don't give a question a day!! Just every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

So, what answer did you give? Or does a roll of the eyes say it all? Aunt Sandra

Chris and Keri said...

Welcome to my world 40 hours a week...hahaha. Just kidding...she only asks me one about every 2-3 days...