Monday, November 16, 2009

Carefull the first step is a doozie

This weekend BJ and I slacked a bunch and really didn't do our typical weekend house work. Therefore, at about 7:30ish I realized that none of the laundry had been done. This used to not phase me. However, since having a kid I have a limited number of pants I can wear and I can no longer wear a pair of pants multiple times due to every pair of pants get some sort of baby fluid on them by the end of the day. Anyway, there it is, 7:30 and I need to get 3 loads of laundry done before I go to bed. So I started the loads, but since we hadn't put away the laundry from last week I had no laundry basket and just carried the loads down one at a time as they were ready to be washed. On my third trip, now were talking 9:00ish, I had all the rest of the clothes and I was heading down the stairs. About 4 steps from the bottom, I'm not sure what happened, all I know is one moment I am walking down the stairs with dirty clothes, the next I'm sliding down two or three stairs on my but with dirty clothes everywhere. My initial reaction was, "Owww, I think I need to cry." My next reaction not even half a second later, "Oww that really sucked and I can't believe that just happened." Followed by about 3 minutes of laughing. BJ who watched the whole thing took his time coming over to me to see if I was okay. Probably had something to do with the fact that I was sprawled across the stairs laughing. Once he did, he dug me out from under the laundry, and gave me a hug. Then being a guy patted me on my butt to say you will be okay, however, hit me right on the spot I just fell. He therefore got a punch to the gut. Oh well. Oh and the picture is where I found Rescue on Saturday trying to take a nap. Weird dog.

Oh and Elijah's update, still no poop. We're still waiting. I'm giving it one more day before I call the doctor.

No comments: