Saturday, November 07, 2009

Fall Cleaning

I know most people do spring cleaning, however, since I was super preggers in the spring we didn't really do much of that. (Ha that's my excuse but in all actuality is we just don't deep clean as often as we should.) Since I know that my house is messy and right after I returned to work from maternity leave I found out we can't roll over any of our vacation time to next year so I would have extra time off. I figured, I'll take a couple of days off and clean the house. Then BJ got laid off and both Elijah and I came down with something so two of the planed cleaning days went down the drain. On Friday BJ and I cleaned like it was no body's business. Elijah went off to daycare and I started on the bathrooms, 2 hours later the bathrooms looked like new. In my own opinion there are several very important areas of the house that need to be clean, they are toilets, showers, and sinks. When we are ready to buy our next house the one deciding factor for me will be how the showers look. If they are not clean at first glance no sale. A dirty shower is gives me chills. Now don't get me wrong I went to collage, I spent 3 years showering in "public/community" showers. But that was enough for me.

It's funny though, with the house this clean, I feel as it isn't really my house. I'm sure I will get used to it.

No comments: