Thursday, January 12, 2012

Finally, Snow

Today it snowed.  It wasn't a surprise that it was coming they have been talking about it for the past week.  It was supposed to start snowing Thursday morning and continue on through Friday.  (I'll let you know if that part is true.)  As I left for work today I felt like I was preparing for the end of the world.  Then I realized the end of the world I wouldn't have to prepare, I don't need to take anything with me to heaven, but getting out the door today was a different story.  Had to get Elijah in his coat and boots, grabbed his winter coat and snow pants, find a hat and set of mittens and get out the door.  Once to the car, I had to get him in and buckled.  I backed out of the driveway and realized I didn't have my hat or scarf, and I had to go back in.  What could I have forgotten you ask?  My ice scrapper, my rubber floor mats, but mainly just my ice scrapper.  How did I clear the snow from my car after work today?  Oh, well I used my fingers to scratch off the ice from the windows, but being short I couldn't reach most of the windshield. 

Don't worry, it's in my car now.  But the way the winter has been going so far it probably won't snow again until March.  Now I'm prepared though.

No comments: