Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Changes

Things in my life have indicated a change may be coming.  Don't all hold your breath at once, no I am not pregnant.  As I'm sure we have all experienced in some way or another the economy has affected us all.  It first started with BJ losing his job in in October of 2009, insurance deductibles sky rocketing and the unemployment rate increasing.  However, just because you have a job the limited number of jobs and finances in other business are probably affecting you too.  Well being in a job that is primarily funded by health insurance we too are experiencing difficulties.  Through discussion with almost all of my co-workers, I have decided to get my school certification and possibly take on contract work in the school district.  This means though that I have to take a test.  Yes a test.  I haven't done that in almost 7 years.  I don't even think I can remember how to work those old fashion scan tron things.  Or even how to sharpen a #2 pencil.  My biggest fear though is actually taking the test on things that I might not remember.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Jennie Larsen Fritcher said...

I feel ya. I am learning everything I possibly can about evaluation and treatment of hearing impaired, deaf and deafblind children/adolescents. I feel like I have forgotten so much. I have often thought about going back and getting my DPI. I really, really, really wish that I would have taken the time to get it when we were in graduate school. Who would have thought?

Unknown said...

Good luck. Let us know how you do. I might have to take exams again to get the Illinois teaching license and if I'm nervous about that, I'm sure you are a bit too! You'll do fine!