Monday, January 10, 2011

Wild Out Doors

I left work early today because there was a small electrical problem and once the sun went down we could not see (literally) our kiddos any more.  When I walked into the house and went to let Rescue out, there was a surprise on our back patio.  An opossum was sitting there looking back at me like, "What? What do you want?"  He then headed over and hid under the A/C unit.  Not sure why he was hiding there, but I then needed to walk my rodent searching dog in the freezing cold.  Not happy about that.  I was so cold! 

Can I just tell you how gross and ugly opossums are.  They are a cross between a rat, ugly dog, mole, and a bit of mouse.  EWWWWW.  What do opossums do anyway?  What is there functional purpose?  Do they eat bugs?  I just don't know.  And personally I just don't care.  The best part about the whole thing was my neighbor came over to scare him away.  He went running around the poop filled back yard banging a shovel and yelling.  I wish I could have had that on tape.  HA-LAR-I-OUS!!!  The Opossum moved down  2-3 A/C units, which is fine for me because then I don't have to worry about Rescue getting bit by the rodent. 

Here is something cute though, Elijah reading Tigger a book, and Daddy and Elijah chilling before bed.  I love my boys.  They are certainly cute!

No comments: