Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Final Decision

After several years of trying to sell my bedroom furniture from when I was a child we have finally come to an agreement.  Were not selling it!!!! I have to admit (and I'm sure BJ figured this out a looooooooong time ago) I never wanted to get rid of it.  Here's the thing.  This 5 piece bedroom set is made from real wood from real carpenter.  Not glue plus a bunch of sawdust put together by yours truly, but a beautiful set.  It is heavy and a honey oak color.  BJ kept trying to sell it for the cost of our new set.  The problem being that our new set is worth a whole lot less than the set we own.  I told BJ he could keep trying to sell it but I would not take less than our new set would cost.  Every couple of months our favorite store would price cut our set therefore we would have to follow suit.  I was having such a hard time thinking that I would be giving away this beautiful set.  My other deal, I just had a hard time selling it knowing that some day I would want a guest room in our next home and with that I would love a full bedroom set, therefore having to buy a set like what we were trying to sell.  It just didn't make sense to me, why sell this when in 3 years or so we would need it again?  I JUST CAN'T DO IT CAPTAIN!!!

Well every one is happy now because we found someone with a need and it helps us out A LOT.  My dad will be doing some rearranging and need a bedroom set.  We are lending them our set to furnish my brother's old room until we buy a bigger house that has more bed rooms.  We get the set out of random areas in our house and I (after 3 of the 7 years we will live here) can finally start getting our CRAP room into the CRAFT room of my dreams.  The night stand can leave my entryway and we can go down to having 2 (not 4) night stands in our bedroom.   BJ is just happy that he doesn't have to stare at the dresser every day leaving our bedroom. 

No comments: