Tuesday, January 18, 2011

That didn't work

In the movies there is always a time when they have a child or an animal chose between one of it's two human parents.  You know they set the child/animal down and the parents walk away in different directions then the child goes toward one of the parents and that parent wins something.  Tonight we tried that with Elijah and it blew up in our face.  It was really funny.  First we put Elijah down and walked away then turned around and told Elijah to come here.  He walked over to us, stood the exact distance from BJ and I that we were from each other so we made an equilateral triangle.  So BJ and I switched positions and squatted down on the floor and told Eli to come here again.  Elijah squatted down just like us.  BJ then patted the floor and Elijah copied.  Elijah then went into downward Dog and rolled around for awhile. Finally he bumped into my leg meaning I had won/lost the privilege to do his bath. Both BJ and I were laughing due the whole monkey see monkey do game we just played. 

Moral of the story, if BJ and I ever separate, this is not the way to determine child custody.  I think name in a hat would work better.

No comments: