Monday, January 03, 2011

These aren't mine

The last few weeks/days have been real crazy in both my life and other peoples lives around me.  In addition to all the holidays and sickness that has been going my father's washer decided to stop working.  Well when you have three adults in a house they create a bunch of laundry and it grows quickly.  Plus my poor sister was supposed to leave on a road trip with her friend but had no clean laundry.  Thursday when my step-mom came to watch Elijah she asked if she could do some of their laundry while she was here.  I said of course, I mean BJ and I lived there for 3 months and lord knows we did plenty of laundry while we were there, plus she was watching Elijah for free, it's a great way to pay her.  Well fast forward to 7:00 pm on Sunday night, I realize I didn't do any laundry and I need to get cracking.  I start throwing laundry into the washer, 1 out of every 10 pieces misses the washer so I grab all I see and throw it in.  Once it's all washed and dried, BJ and I start folding it.  I find a pair of underwear that looks like mine, but I don't recognize them. 

Me: I don't remember wearing these.
BJ: I don't know?
Me: I don't think these are mine, I mean look the dog hasn't chewed on these ones.
BJ: (faster than a speeding bullet) Don't look at me? Um..Um..Um.. There not mine.  I don't know where they came from.  Uhhhh...Maybe there your sisters.

I was never worried.  I figured I probably wore a pair of undies and didn't remember.  It wouldn't have been the first time I had forgotten something the you would think you shouldn't forget.  And yes, they do belong to my sister.  She thought it was super funny when I told her we had a pair of her undies.

No comments: