Monday, August 08, 2005

Bat Dog and My Foot





Well for the next few weeks it looks like I will be posting in the morning or the afternoon because I seem to get busy at night or I'm just plan to tired to deal with the computer.

Yesterday we went to the Kane County Cougars game (a farm team for baseball). BJ and I had a ton of fun and it was Jake the bat dog day. He was really cute. Every so often he would run out on the field and collect the bat left behind by the latest hitter. He also brought a basket of water out to the umpire's during every inning so they wouldn't die from the heat. All in all it was a fun day until it came time to leave.

As BJ and I were heading out I wasn't paying attention and neither was this other guy and we ran into each other at full speed. At first I felt bad because the impact made him drop his newly acquired beer but then I noticed that he broke all my toe nails on my right foot along with braking my pinky toe. Now the only reason I know what a broken toe feels like is because my little bother several years ago chased me into a wall breaking my little toe on my left foot. So now I have a pretty purple toe wrapped in tape for the next six weeks or until I can walk normally again. Wearing heals the next few weeks should certainly be interesting especially with this wedding coming up on Saturday.

No comments: