Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Power of a Sale

There are times, I admit, that stores go and mark up a price then make it 10-20% off. It sounds great at first and then you sit there and stare at the price for a while and realize that that sale price you just paid was really more than the original price. And yes, I admit, I was one of those people who spent more than I should have on several occasions. I also admit that there are times in my life that I have seen a sale, realized the deal and bought whatever it was, even though I had no need for it in my life. However, yesterday on the way home I found a sale that I just couldn't pass up. Wal-mart is having a crazy sale on school supplies, and well there are certain school supplies that I go through and need every once in a while. So for $10.52 this is what I bought:
12 glue sticks ($1.50)
1 bottle of white glue ($.25)
2 packs of 10 primary color fat markers ($2.00)
2 packs of 10 primary color skinny markers ($2.00)
176 pages of construction paper ($4.00)
and tax.

So happy. And most of this will be to make a nice set of home made flashcards. Wahoo!

No comments: