Monday, July 26, 2010

Movie review

This weekend, BJ and I were able to head on a date. Just the two of us. It was wonderful. We headed out to the movies to see...Despicable Me. Yup that's right the last two movies BJ and I have paid for have been cartoons. 3D cartoons at that. Then we...SHHHHH...snuck into Grown Ups.

Despicable Me was super cute, super funny, and unlike any Disney movie, did not make me cry. What I did realize, 3D movies are flipping expensive. The matina price was 10 bucks a ticket. That is stupid crazy expensive. I don't even what to know what regular price is.

Then because I wanted to see it, Elijah was with Grandma, we strolled into Grown Ups. I loved it. However, I would also love to see the first 10-15 minutes of it because that's what happens when you show up late for it. But it really made us start to talk about who/what families we would want to go away with for a week plus to a cabin and no TV. That was a tough one and the answer was not final yet. We need more friends to have children and see how our parenting styles mesh before we plan anything further.

P.S. Katie and Olivia- I have a great plan right around your fourth birthday. Hint hint, it involves a giant mouse and lots of fairy tales. I just keep forgetting to let you know :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

yes yes do share!