Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lets go Boating!

Every year my mom and Sonny try to give each of their kids a weekend on the boat. Last year, due to the new edition to the family, I had to miss my boating day. This year we were supposed to go boating the day before my birthday but it was raining and ugly. Yesterday, we had a make up boating day. Elijah enjoyed the boat, near the end, I think he even might have loved it. It is something that needs to grow on him, especially since he has to be restrained in such and uncomfortable life vest the whole time. The moment we all got in the boat we all started feeling sorry for the boy because he could barley move and it was ridiculously hot and the boy looked like he was wearing a snow suit. We quickly found a spot to "park" and we got out to enjoy the swimming. I was brave and put my post-baby body into a pre-baby swimsuit AKA-bikini. Once out of the boat we took Elijah out of his life vest and we did lots of splashing and playing with water balls and stuff. Then we put daddy on the tube and drove all crazy to lunch. After lunch we headed back to the dock where Elijah slept the entire way back. Not real sure how he slept in that bulky life vest, but he did. Next year he will have a more comfortable life vest because he will be bigger so he will have more area to spread out the floaty material.

No comments: