Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Have you Heard of fainting goats?

Well I have one better. I have a fainting mom. Sorry mom, as I was driving home today I some how started to think about you and your amazing ability to pass out.

As I was driving home I started thinking, not sure why my brain jumped to this, that I have already forgotten the level of pain I was in when I was actually in labor. I do still remember the pain the weeks following so we are still several years away from thinking about another little one in our family. Anyways, after I thought about if I could remember the pain I was in, remembered a couple of weeks ago in church we were coming back from communion she bumped her knee on the pew. At first i thought nothing of it, then I remembered a couple months ago when my mom bumped her knee she passed out. Then I started thinking, is this bump enough to knock her out? What should I do if she passes out? Should I just leave her? I know she will come back around and I wouldn't want to draw that much attention to her in church for a stupid knee bump. So I started checking to see if she was okay and she was a bit nervous, but then it passed and we never lost consciousness.

But this whole memory on the way home made me laugh. Still does.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And don't ever show me your surgical incision either!! How wonderful to be compared to a GOAT.

Sonny said...

I can atest to her passing out. One time was a trip to the ER and she broke her nose on the way down.