Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Top down or bottom up?

Any SLP's out there the first thing you think about is the model of language learning. It has been the an never ending debate about how children and people learn and use language. However, since becoming a mother I am plagued with the same question but different situation. Here it goes:
Lately Elijah has been wearing pajamas that have snaps down them. When he was just a bitty baby he would wear night gowns with no snaps but elastic. Since Elijah has been able to roll changing his clothes and his diaper have become increasingly more difficult. So I struggle with the best way to dress him. This is where the question of my profession pops in my head... What is the best way to snap your snaps? Top down or bottom up? To this day I still don't know the best way but it makes me giggle every time I start the snaps. Sometimes, I make BJ do the snaps on the top while I do the snaps on the bottom and we meet in the middle, however, 50% of the time we end up where one of us (usually me) has miss snapped somewhere along the way and we have to restart. Yeah, I know I'm awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snap from the bottom up...and don't unsnap all the snaps...only the ones necessary to get to the diaper and then lift the legs and push the pjs under his back.

LittleKelly said...

I have to dress him some time. And that requires all the snaps to be open to put it on.

Unknown said...

Bottom up. Otherwise those legs keep escaping.