Tuesday, February 23, 2010

8 months old!

Yup that's right 8 months ago this was me and Elijah...And baby Elijah all by himself...
Now this is Elijah...
Let me just tell you how Elijah has changed, most of which has been this past month.
-He is crawling better, more fluidly, and less worm like. In fact, last night I put him down in his room and had him follow me to the bathroom for his bath. It was so cute. Kinda like a little puppy dog.
-When you sneak up on him and go AHHH, he will respond in the same volume, and intonation with AHHHHH. As cute as this is, it has gotten to a point where when ever he sees me or BJ he just goes AHHH! to start the game. It is real funny. All except when he did it Sunday when he was sleeping with us because he wouldn't sleep. He woke up at 6:30 AM, kicked me, rolled over, climbed on top of me, and goes AHHHHHH.
-He as just started waving. He waves more when he sees you and not so much when you leave. That is okay with me though because a lot of times we don't wave goodbye to him. We typically dump and run so we don't get a sad baby. But we wave at him a lot when we see him. So he waves just about when ever he sees us.
-He has 4 teeth now. As much as I miss the gummy smile that he used to have, I am enjoying the little teeth he has.
-We have started Cheerios (or in SLP lingo-meltable solids). I have found that this is the best way to entertain him in the morning instead of trying to keep him out of the dogs water bowl. It actually is funny when the puff stars stick to him and he can't get them off. I am entertained for hours just watching him.
-He has started to self feed with a spoon, but minimally because I haven't yet covered the carpet and half the time don't have enough time to bathe him after all our meals.
-He is starting to show side preference in hand dominance (yes, I know this can still change for 3-4 more years but still). I think he might be a lefty! Thanks to BJ's mom! (Sorry Megan yours is from the wrong side of the family to have anything to do with it.)
-His butt looks all fixed. We have another follow up appointment on March 8th.
-He is trying more and more to pull himself up to stand. He gets his hands off the ground about to the height of his waist but won't go much further. So now he looks like a giant 90 Degree angle.

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

those teeth make him look like a toddler already! so cute!

Unknown said...

Such an adorable boy - hard to believe we are closing in on the one year mark.

Anonymous said...

Really great post and pictures. Growing, changing, more to love everyday. Love, Aunt Sandra