Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday!!

I'm not Cathlic but every year I try to "give up" something that I enjoy. I do this for several reasons, one: I think it is good to understand sacrafice, and two: it is a good way to change habits with support of God.

This year I have decided that I will be giving up eating out. Yes, that will be hard for me seeing as I typically stop for breakfast 1 or 2 days a week, got out to lunch 1 or 2 days, and our weekends we typically spend going out to eat with our neighbors or ordering in. But if it was an easy change then it wouldn't be a sacrafice would it? When I told BJ this he then decided to join me in my quest to go from tomarrow until Easter without eating out. I just think that we were using the convience of it and it wasn't helping my weight loss or our financial situation at all.

So to all those of you out there that we spend going out to eat with... I am sorry, no coffee or tea runs, no lunch runs, no grabbing a bite to eat. This does mean, planning ahead. I already know days when this will be hard for us, like in the begining of March, I have 2 or 3 days off and when I'm out running errands I won't be able to just grab a quick bite to eat. I will actually have to pack a lunch. Also this means, I have to get my butt out of bed 10 minutes earlier every day so I can eat breakfast and make a lunch while still getting Elijah ready for school.

And you don't have to worry about me cheating. Cuz I'm being watched all the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Salads - I make 4 of them Sunday night -- lunch for the week! And if you make soups and stuff in your crockpot you can have lots of leftovers to help out too! And coming over to Mom's house for a break from cooking isn't eating out...