Monday, February 15, 2010

Facebook $$$ What??

The other day I was poking around on Facebook and found something that implied that in July it will cost money to be a "member" on facebook. Let me just say that I think they are making a huge mistake.
1. The largest population of people of people joining every year has to be high school and college kids. At least those are the ones that have the most time on their hands and can use all of facebook for all that it is worth.
2. I know just about everyone I know will stop using facebook once I have to pay for it. I mean really? That is money I don't have right now. And I don't see myself making that payment a priority in my life.
3. If the reason you have facebook is so you can stay in touch with people, but all the people you are in touch with are no longer there, you probably won't stay much longer either.

I also think that if Facebook goes about going this route, twitter will be come the big thing and Facebook will become the next MySpace.

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

I'm pretty positive they will never charge for facebook. There's always random sites saying things like that though.