Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tomorrow is the Zoo

I would just post on it tomorrow but something even more exciting than the zoo is tomorrow. It is Elijah's First Birthday. (Wow, I have a lot that I need to get done tonight.)

But back to the Zoo thing.

I love the zoo. I really, really love the polar bears. I have two very large photos of the polar bears from the Brookfield zoo in my bathroom. I have the polar bears from the Detroit zoo on a blanket that I use year round. I have a polar bear from the build-a-bear zoo in my closet that I received when BJ and I got engaged. And now The Brookfield zoo has a new bear enclosure that I am thrilled to see. I also can't wait to show Elijah the size of a real live giraffe and an elephant. Oh I'm soo excited. I'm going to the ZOO and more important, Elijah will be one. And it wont be a day to worry or think about the work stuff right now. I hope this is something that we can do yearly on his birthday.

And as far as my list for birthday things goes...Brett's birthday gift is still not here, my mom's birthday gift arrived today, still haven't washed any of Elijah's gifts, made a small list of food for the party, still have not bought any of the food, and the house is semi clean. One thing I needed to add to the list. Pray like mad that the weather is nice this weekend. Because I really don't have enough room in my house for everyone to come in. If it rains we will all be packed in our garage, our neighbors garage and playing in the rain.

No comments: