Thursday, June 17, 2010

Let the Birthday Maddness BEGIN!!

Every year this happens, now it is that much more involved. For the next 14 days my life gets a bit overwhelming with showing love for people close to me. It's about the 16th of June that I realize, "Hmmm...Brett's birthday is in 3 days. I should get his present." So I start thinking of Brett's birthday. On the 17th I realize the 20th is BJ's first fathers day and I need to do something for him too. The 18th I realize I still haven't bought Brett's gift and I need to get on that like ASAP. The 19th YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOO YEAH!!!! I Call up the Little bro and sing him a happy birthday. I then apologize for his birthday gift not being here yet. I then realize Fathers day is Sunday and need to get on getting BJ something to tell him how much of a wonderful daddy he is. I then think about my own father. "I really love him too. I need to be sure I get him something too." I then have to think about how in the world I'm going to get all this done in less than 24 hours. Oh shoot...Elijah's 1 year pictures are at 11:30, quick everyone in the car. "BJ wipe the lunch out of Elijah's hair." Maybe while were at JCPenny's I will get my shopping done. Third Sunday in June I call all fatherly figures and tell them exactly how much I love them and how much they mean to me. Beg my Hubby to go to the pool with his little boy. The 21st I realize Elijah's birthday is in 2 days I need to wash all his gifts that were bought at garage sale and wrap them. I also need to get everything ready set for his party on the weekend. Oh shoot, the party, Uh... guess I need to get food for that day. Hmm... My cooking skills. 22nd still thinking about my cooking skills and the food for the day. Sandwiches are starting to look real good. Maybe fruit salad too. Hmm... good idea. 23rd YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOO YEAH!!!! Let's go to the zoo. No cares in the world but lots of love for the baby who is not so much a baby anymore. 24th, "How many days until the party??? We need to get the food!" 25th up until who knows when to get everything ready for the party tomorrow. 26th last minute cleaning straightening and organizing and planning. Not so baby, baby goes down for his nap, all our families show up, we party like it's the year 2000. 2:00 not so baby, baby goes down for afternoon nap and (cross fingers) everyone heads home. Baby sleeps we clean up after the party, head to the pool, and chill. 27th Were glad the party is over and were going boating. Goodness I hope Elijah likes/handles the life vest for the day. 28th YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOO YEAH!!! (Wait a minute, When did I get so old. Happy Golden birthday to me!) 29th OH my goodness mom's birthday is...um...in two days. Glad I bought her gift on the 19th... I did right??? If not out to the store I run. 30th Gotta remember to call mom tomorrow, gotta remember to call mom tomorrow, CALL MOM TOMORROW! 1st YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOO YEAH!!! Thank goodness it's done for one more year. I hope I didn't forget anything.

Sad part now, I will be printing this out tomorrow at work and use it as a check list to get through the next 14 days.

No comments: