Monday, June 07, 2010

The garage sale is done!

Wahoo! Another great year of our church's garage sale! This year I spent 6 10-12 hour days working, and two evenings of 3-4 hours working. I got a ton of new clothes for Elijah, all of Elijah's birthday and Christmas gift. The church made somewhere around $33,000 in dollars (before expenses) which was about what we made last year. Fantastic! The down side this year Thursday I started getting a scratchy voice and I knew what was coming. Friday I was up at 5:30, and realized...I could not talk louder than a true whisper. I mean completely turn off your voice and start talking. That kind of whisper. Yes, for real the craziest, busies, loudest day of the garage sale I had no voice. I did lots of pointing and basic number sign for just about everyone. Yes, awesome. Day two, half price day, I had about half my voice that day which was sooo much better. And super big thanks to my dad and Kelly! They took Elijah for us so we could spend our weekend with church and we could go home that Friday night and crash with out having to worry about a little one. It was wonderful.

The crazy part of the whole thing...we waited until half price day then went at it to shop for our daycare provider. We got her some wooden puzzles and found an extra pack-n-play for her. We bought it, walked it to the car and poof...GONE. We can't find it for the life of us. Now mind you in 2 days time we spend 18 hours working and we very possibly went into brain failure and who knows where that thing ended up. Oh well.

No comments: