Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter (a couple days late)

Happy Easter! Of all the church Holidays this one has and always will be my favorite. I just love everything about Easter, the celebration the songs, the excitement about the Easter miracle. Of non-church related holidays I have to go with the 4th of July. But I am off on a tangent.

This year we went over to my mom's on Saturday. Elijah was able to show off his new skills, stair climbing, walking with his baby walker, and waving. The rest of us ate, talked, and died Easter eggs. (The black things on the Easter eggs is Electrical tape). It really gives the eggs a cool look but it is difficult to do because you can't touch the tape too much or stretch it to much. My mom had one of the coolest electrical tape eggs with the triangle We also learned that you really need vinegar to color eggs. We had a couple of colors with just water, yeah, they didn't take the die to well.





Then Easter Sunday we all got dressed up pretty and headed off to church. We came home, and the whole family took a nap. It was great! I love Sunday naps and to think that it was a special holiday Sunday was even better. Once Elijah woke up from his nap we went looking for all the eggs the bunny left for us at our house. He also brought Elijah some fun balls which he was having a blast with. We then all got dressed up again and headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Chapman's where we had a wonderful dinner.
Like I said it was a wonderful Easter Sunday and Elijah was real cute during his egg hunting.

No comments: